Thursday, April 12, 2018

Loving New Old Finds at Home

Just a quick post to share how I'm using some of my latest finds, mentioned here and here, and then some. My motivation for making some household changes started with the fact that I needed to get recent purchases organized, and I was doing a little spring cleaning, too.

I switched up my sunroom hutch with the Zell (German) majolica with bird motifs. I was previously using the Bordello Pinheiro cabbage plates.
The spring green Blenko decanter was traded for my aqua one. I like to keep my Pfaltzgraff Filigree here as my neutral base, and the chargers are a nice backdrop. The candleholders are MacKenzie-Childs inspired - Parchment Check - made by blog buddy, Patti.
I flipped my German serving bowl to use as a riser for my newest piece of Zell, a compote.
The teapot came from Pier 1 this season, on sale. It's called Bird Sanctuary. It's perched on some lacy plates, also purchased at Pier 1, and used on a table, here.
Bird Sanctuary matching sugar and creamer are just in front of the decanter, which I filled with a string of tiny lights on a timer.
The winter rug has been traded for my warm weather rug. Now, if we could just get warm weather to stay for more than a day or two... Below is the view from the kitchen hallway.
On the opposite wall of the sunroom hutch is my wet bar in the kitchen. It still has the cabbage plates and large transferware platter, but the previous bunny tureen has been replaced with the newest, Majolica bunny compote. The MacKenzie-Childs parchment check kettle and teapot are my "beat the winter doldrums" purchases.
For a look-see of the of the same areas just prior to this updated spring look, you can read this post.

I'm not one to do a lot of changing up from month-to-month, or week-to-week in my house. My style is more typical of going with seasons, and it's mostly with dish displays, and maybe a few textiles (pillows, throws, rugs). I think right now I'm just biding my time until it's gardening weather, not just a day of it here or there.

Speaking of biding my time and getting new purchases organized, I am finished with my inventory purge as it was proposed in January (if you missed what that was about, you can read about it here). I will do some sort of recap, but suffice it to say my current inventory is much better organized, and many things once loved by me have found their way into others' homes for re-loving.

What's your style of changing things in your house? What motivates your desire to change, if anything? How do you purge things? Leave your comments, it's always interesting to hear.

Thanks for dropping by, and for your readership.


Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing: One More TimePieced Pastimes, Best of the Weekend, Amaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Show & ShareInspire MeMake it PrettyThe ScoopDagmar's HomeCelebrate Your Story,SYS, SYCDelightsome Life H&GGrace at Home, Vintage Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment